The EP440xS and its companion I/O board create a compact, cost-effective, and powerful platform for developing high performance networked control platforms.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: AMCC PowerPC 440EPx up to 667MHz
- RAM: Up to 256MB DDR2 with ECC
- FLASH: Up to 128MB, with additional 512MB NAND flash via I/O board
- Ethernet: 2 Gigabit ports via I/O board
- Serial Ports: 1 RS-232 on board with additional 12 ports available via optional I/O board
- USB: USB 2.0 Host and Device ports via I/O board.
- I2C Devices: EEPROM and Battery Backed Real Time Clock
- Form Factor: Credit Card size (3.5″ x 2.2″), 1.5″ high when stacked
- Debug: On board JTAG debug connector
- Software: U-Boot Bootloader, Linux, VxWorks, and Green Hills INTEGRITY BSPs available
- Notes: Available as industrial temperature rated module
- Debug: COP/JTAG
- Emissions: EN 55022 Class A, FCC Class A
The EP440xS and its companion I/O board create a compact, cost-effective, and powerful platform for developing high performance networked control platforms. At only 3.5″ x 2.2″ x 1.5″, the board stack will fit into compact spaces, while 13 serial ports, 2 USB ports, and 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports provide the necessary control I/O.
At the heart of the EP440xS is the AMCC PowerPC 440EPx. The 440EPx is a highly integrated SoC that includes a PowerPC core at speeds up to 667MHz, a floating point unit, NAND flash controller, DDR2 RAM controller, USB 2.0 host and device controllers, and dual Gigabit Ethernet MACs. The high level of integration increases performance, while lowering system power consumption and cost.
The board stack is supported by the U-Boot bootloader and BSPs for Linux, VxWorks, and Green Hills INTEGRITY.