Freescale T1040 Single Board Computer
Processor Family: Freescale QorIQ
Form Factor: Small Form Factor
The EPT1040xS is a custom form factor board based on the Freescale T1040 processor. We can also customize this design for your specific needs.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: Freescale QorIQ T1040 running at up to 1.4GHz
- RAM: Up to 256MB DDR3L
- FLASH: Up to 256MB, with optional SD socket
- External Bus Connector (EBC): Direct access to SERDES, Clocks (SERDES, System, Ethernet), 1588, TSEC, USB, UARTs, GPIO, I2C, Flash and Power
- Ethernet: 1 Gigabit port (additional via I/O board)
- Serial Ports: 2 RS-232s (one on board and one on EBC)
- USB: USB 2.0 Host and Device ports via I/O board.
- I2C Devices: EEPROM and Battery Backed Real Time Clock
- Form Factor: Fanless compact size 3.5″ x 2.2″ x 0.9″ high
- Debug: On board JTAG debug connector
- Software: U-Boot Bootloader, Linux, VxWorks, Deos SUpport and Green Hills INTEGRITY BSPs available
- Notes: Available as industrial temperature rated module
- Imaging Applications
- Industrial Control
The EPT1040xS is a compact, cost-effective, and powerful platform for developing high performance network and control applications including UAVs, imaging and industrial machine control. At only 3.5″ x 2.2″ x 0.9″, the board will fit into compact spaces, while the USB port (via USB), and 1 Gigabit Ethernet port plus the EBC connector provide the necessary control I/O.
The External Bus Connector (EBC) provides direct access to the T1040 interfaces including SERDES, Ethernet and 1588. This high-speed compact interface will handle demanding applications.
At the heart of the EPT1040xS is the Freescale QorIQ T1040. The T1040 is a highly integrated SoC that includes multiple e5500 cores at speeds up to 1.4GHz, a floating point unit, flash controller, DDR3L RAM controller, USB 2.0 host and device controllers, and dual Gigabit Ethernet MACs. The high level of integration increases performance, while lowering system power consumption and cost.
The board stack is supported by the U-Boot bootloader and BSPs for Linux, VxWorks, and Green Hills INTEGRITY.