Freescale MPC8248 Single Board Computer for Networking
Processor Family: Freescale PowerPC
Form Factor: PCIe | PCI | PC-104
The EP8248 computing engine takes advantage of the high performance networking capabilities of the Motorola PowerPC 8248 processor.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: Freescale PowerQUICC II MPC8248 and MPC8247
- RAM: Up to 128MB SDRAM
- Flash: Up to 64MB
- Ethernet: 2 x 10/100 to RJ-45 connectors
- Serial Ports: 2 x RS-232
- Expansion: Expansion Bus for direct access to processor signals
- Power Supply: 3.3 VDC single power supply
- Form Factor: PCI Edge Card with 3.3V PCI Signaling
- Debug: JTAG via onboard connector
The EP 8248 computing engine takes advantage of the high performance networking capabilities of the Motorola PowerPC 8248 processor. By integrating all of the features of the PowerQUICC II technology onto one single board, the computing engines reduce Time-To-Market and increase product reliability for complex high-speed networking applications. Scaleable in size and flexible in configuration, they provide a production-ready platform for tomorrow’s networks.
Note: This board uses 3.3V PCI Signaling. If you intend to use the product with a PCI carrier please ensure that supports the appropriate signalling voltage.