Motorola Power PC 8280 and 82xx Single Board Computers
Processor Family: Freescale PowerPC
Form Factor: AMC | PMC
The EP 8280 computing engine takes advantage of the high performance networking capabilities of the Motorola Power PC 8280, Power PC 8270, Power PC 8266, Power PC 8265 or Power PC 8250 processor.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: Motorola Power PC 8280, 8270, 8266, 8265 or 8250
- RAM: Up to 256MB DDR
- Flash: Up to 64MB
- PMC Connectors: PCI bus through PrPMC Connectors
- Ethernet: 2 x 10/100/1000 to front panel RJ-45 connectors
- Serial Ports: 1 x RS-2323 to front panel
- I2C Devices: EEPROM, RTC, Temperature Sensor
- Power Supply: 5.25 to 3 VDC single power supply
- Form Factor: PrPMC/PT1MC (PICMG 2.15, Configuration 1)
- Debug: COP/JTAG
- Emissions: EN 55022 Class A, FCC Class A
The EP 8280 computing engine takes advantage of the high performance networking capabilities of the Motorola Power PC 8280, Power PC 8270, Power PC 8266, Power PC 8265 or Power PC 8250 processor. By integrating all of the features of the PowerQUICC II technology onto one single board, the computing engines reduce Time-To-Market and increase product reliability for complex high-speed networking applications. Scaleable in size and flexible in configuration, they provide a production-ready platform for tomorrow’s networks. It is a highly versatile board that can operate as stand alone module or in PrPMC monarch and non-monarch modes on a carrier board such as a Compact PCI blade.