Freescale MPC8548 PowerQUICC III AMC Processor Board
Processor Family: Freescale PowerPC
Form Factor: AMC | PMC
The EP8548A is a single width, full height AMC processor board with a low power, high performance Freescale MPC8548 processor operating at up to 1.33GHz.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Form Factor: Single width, full height AMC.2
- Processor: Freescale MPC8548 PowerQUICC III
- Memory: 2GB DDR2, 128MB NOR flash
- Front Panel: 2 x GbE connections and 1 x RS-232 serial monitor port
- AMC Fabric Connectivity: Serial RapidIO on AMC channels 4-7, PCI Express on AMC channels 4-11, or PCI Express on channels 4-7 and Serial RapidIO on channels 8-11
- Power Supply: Via AMC connector per AMC.0 or from barrel connector when in stand alone mode
- Debug: JTAG/COP via an onboard connector and available on the AMC connector
- Software: U-Boot bootloader and Linux BSP available.
For fabric connectivity the EP8548A offers extreme flexibility, while maintaining standards compliance. All versions of the board support gigabit ethernet on AMC channels 0 an 1, compliant with AMC.2, Type E2). Separate versions of the board are available in one of the following configurations: Serial RapidIO on AMC channels 4-7, PCI Express on AMC channels 4-11, or PCI Express on channels 4-7 and Serial RapidIO on channels 8-11. Suitable for MicroTCA and ATCA chassis applications.
At the heart of the EP8548A is a Freescale MPC8548 PowerQUICC III processor. The MPC8548 is a highly integrated system-on-chip (SoC) platform that includes a PowerPC core, an integrated security engine, integrated PCI Express, Serial RapidIO, and Gigabit Ethernet controllers, and an integrated DDR2 memory interface. The highly integrated SoC architecture improves system performance, simplifies board design, lowers power consumption, and reduces cost.