The LS1020xS and its companion I/O board create a compact, cost-effective, and powerful platform for developing high performance networked control platforms.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: Layerscape ARM Cortex family varieties including LS1020A, LS1021A and LS1022A
- RAM: Up to 256MB DDR3L
- FLASH: Up to 256MB, with optional SD socket
- External Bus Connector (EBC): Direct access to SERDES, Clocks (SERDES, System, Ethernet), 1588, TSEC, USB, UARTs, GPIO, I2C, Flash and Power
- Ethernet: 1 Gigabit port (additional via I/O board)
- Serial Ports: 2 RS-232s (one on board and one on EBC)
- USB: USB 2.0 Host and Device ports via I/O board.
- I2C Devices: EEPROM and Battery Backed Real Time Clock
- Form Factor: Fanless compact size 3.5″ x 2.2″ x 0.9″ high
- Debug: On board JTAG debug connector
- Software: U-Boot Bootloader, Linux, VxWorks, and Green Hills INTEGRITY BSPs available
- Notes: Available as industrial temperature rated module
- Imaging Applications
- Industrial Control
At only 3.5 x 2.2 x 0.9, the board will fit into compact spaces, while the USB port, and 1 Gigabit Ethernet port plus the EBC connector provide the necessary control I/O.
The External Bus Connector (EBC) provides direct access to the Layerscape processor interfaces including SERDES, Ethernet and 1588. This high-speed compact interface will handle demanding applications.
At the heart of the EPLS1020xS is the Freescale QorIQ Layerscape processor family (LS1020A, LS1021A or LS1022A) with Dual ARM Cortex A7 cores. These processors are highly integrated SoCs with cores at speeds up to 1.0GHz, floating point unit, a flash controller, DDR3L RAM controller, USB 3.0 host and device controllers, and three Gigabit Ethernet MACs.
The Layerscape security engine is designed to support Secure Boot, ARM TrustZone and Trust Architecture.
The board is supports a U-Boot bootloader and BSPs for Linux, VxWorks, and Green Hills INTEGRITY.