The candidate must have 1+ years experience in electronic circuit test, troubleshooting, and repair. Candidate must:
- Be able to understand schematic circuits including power supply, microprocessor technology, discrete memory, and peripheral interfaces (e.g., Ethernet, USB, PCMCIA, serial, etc.).
- Have good low-level hardware debug and troubleshooting skills.
- Have knowledge and experience using and understanding industry approved solder techniques, both wire harness and component level PCB soldering skills are a must. IPC-7711/7721 certification is a plus.
- Have experience with thru-hole and surface mount technologies as well as BGA rework and replacement experience including previous work with reflowing/replacing ICs and passive components.
- Have good close vision to inspect surface mount printed circuit board assemblies for shorts, no connects, and missing parts. Also familiar with the use of Microscopes and Digital Cameras for capturing and documenting manufacturing defects.
- Be able to use or be familiar with SMT rework equipment.
- Have good hand to eye coordination for PCB rework.
- Be able to use test equipment including DMM, oscilloscope, function generator, personal computer, and other related test equipment to interface to high technology circuits.
- Be familiar with and able to use a variety and PC software (e.g., in-circuit debugger software, CPLD programming software, MS Office Suite i.e. Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, etc.)
An AS in ET and/or equivalent experience is required and IPC Rework/Repair certification a plus.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are a must. This position requires interfacing with engineers, and communicating with and supporting other departments within the organization including technical support, marketing, and sales.
Candidate must be flexible to changing priorities and task assignments.
Candidate must be self-motivated and highly independent.
Team player with strong work ethic and strong work history with stability.
SMART, INDEPENDENT, ORGANIZED, RESPONSIBILE, AND NOT AFRAID TO RUN WITH THE BALL….