EP5CSXxS Altera Cyclone V Single Board Computer
Processor Family: Altera Cyclone V
Form Factor: Small Form Factor
The EP5CSXxS is a compact, cost-effective, and powerful platform for developing high performance network and control applications including imaging, industrial machine control, networking and medical device control.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: Altera Cyclone V SX with Dual-core ARM A9 MPCore running at 800MHz per core
- RAM: Up to 1GB DDR3
- CPU FLASH: Up to 256MB, plus SD socket
- FPGA Config FLASH: Up to 256MB
- Ethernet: 1 Gigabit port
- Serial Ports: 1 RS-232 via MicroUSB
- USB: OTG Port via micro-USB
- I2C Devices: EEPROM and Real Time Clock
- Form Factor: Credit Card size (3.5″ x 2.2″), < 1.0″ hight
- Debug: 2 On board JTAG debug connector
- Software: U-Boot Bootloader, and Linux BSPs available
- Notes: Available as industrial temperature rated module
At only 3.5” x 2.2” x 1.0”, the board stack will fit into compact spaces, while allowing access to the powerful features of the Altera Cyclone V device.
At the heart of this Embedded Planet SOM is the Altera Cyclone V device. The Cyclone V device is a highly integrated FPGA / SoC combination that includes two ARM A9 cores at speeds of up to 800MHz, dual floating point units, NAND flash controller, DDR3 RAM controller, USB 2.0 OTG controller, and Gigabit Ethernet. This Altera device allows users to create a single chip solution for both CPU / RTOS and FPGA. The high level of integration increases performance, while lowering system power consumption and cost.
The EP5CSXxS is supported by the U-Boot bootloader and BSP for Linux.
- Imaging Applications
- Industrial Control
- Test and measurement