Freescale PowerPC 8260 and 8255 Computer-On-Module
Processor Family: Freescale PowerPC
Form Factor: Custom
The EP8260C uses the Freescale’s PowerQUICC II family, MPC8260 or MPC8255, to create a full featured, power sensitive Computer-On-Module (COM).
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: Freescale PowerPC PowerQUICC II 8260 and 8255 processors
- RAM: Up to 256MB main SDRAM and 128MB Local Bus SDRAM
- Flash: Up to 32MB
- Ethernet: 1 x 10/100 to RJ-45 connector
- Serial Ports: 1 x RS-2323 to front panel
- Expansion: EP S Bus for direct access to processor signals
- I2C Devices: EEPROM, RTC, Temperature Sensor
- Power Supply: 5.0 VDC single power supply
- Form Factor: PC104 Mechanical (90mm x 96mm)
- Debug: COP/JTAG
The EP8260C uses the Freescale’s PowerQUICC II family, MPC8260 or MPC8255, to create a full featured, power sensitive Computer-On-Module (COM) .
The MPC8260 and MPC8255 feature an integrated PowerPC core and Communications Processor Module (CPM) to provide scalable computing solution for networked devices. The PowerPC core is a G2 core that can run at speeds up to 300MHz and provides general purpose control and computing functionality, while the CPM can offload communications functions such as ATM, Ethernet, and TDM interfaces.
This powerful combination of features integrated into one package reduces board components, power consumption, and time-to-market. The processor expansion bus available on the EP8260C routes all of the processor and CPM signals to standard connectors, allowing you to “plug-in” the power of the PowerQUICC II. Like all Embedded Planet products, the EP8260C can be custom configured to meet your requirements and is volume production ready.