Freescale PowerQUICC III Rapid Development Board
Processor Family: Freescale PowerPC
Form Factor: AMC | PMC
The EP85xxM uses Freescale’s PowerQUICC III processors, (MPC8540, MPC8541E, MPC8555E, or MPC8560) to create a configurable, full featured PrPMC board targeted at rapid development of networking and telecommunication applications.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: Freescale PowerQUICC III MPC8540, MPC8541E, MPC8555E, or MPC8560
- RAM: Up to 512MB DDR
- Flash: Up to 256MB
- NVRAM: Up to 512kB
- Ethernet: 2 x 10/100/1000 to front panel RJ-45 connectors
- Serial Ports: 1 x RS-2323 to front panel
- Expansion: PCI-X bus through PMC connectors
- I2C Devices: EEPROM, RTC, Temperature Sensor
- Power Supply: 5.0 VDC single power supply
- Form Factor: PrPMC/PT7MC (PICMG 2.15, Configuration 7)
- Debug: COP/JTAG
- Emissions: EN 55022 Class A, FCC Class A
The EP85xxM uses Freescale’s PowerQUICC III processors, (MPC8540, MPC8541E, MPC8555E, or MPC8560) to create a configurable, full featured PrPMC board targeted at rapid development of networking and telecommunication applications. The board can operate in a standalone mode to rapidly prototype applications and then be deployed as a PrPMC board on a CompactPCI carrier board.
The MPC85xx PowerQUICC III family of processors from Freescale Semiconductor features an integrated e500 PowerPC core and Communications Processor Module (CPM) to provide a scalable computing solution for networked devices. The PowerPC core can run at speeds of up to 833MHz and provide general purpose control plane functionality, while the dedicated CPM offloads communications functions such as Gigabit Ethernet, HDLC protocols, and ATM. In addition the MPC8541E and MPC8555E feature integrated security engines to accelerate processing of encryption algorithms such as DES, 3DES, MD-5, SHA-1, AES and ARC-4, as well as offering a public key accelerator and on-chip random number generator.
Like all Embedded Planet products, the EP85xxM can be custom configured to meet your requirements, is volume production ready, and includes numerous OS options and firmware support.