Freescale P4040 or P4080 AMC Processor Board
Processor Family: Freescale QorIQ
Form Factor: AMC | PMC
The EP4080A is a single width, full-height AMC processor board featuring the high performance Freescale QorIQ P4080 eight core PowerPC processor operating at up to 1.5GHz.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: Freescale P4040 with 4 or Freescale P4080 with 8 e500 PowerPC cores scaling to 1.5GHz
- RAM: Up to 8GB of DDR3 in two SODIMMs
- Flash: Up to 128MB NOR Flash
- Ethernet: Two GigE ports configurable between the front panel and AMC channels 0 and 1
- AMC Fabric Connectivity: 2 x GbE to AMC channels 0 and 1 with options for Serial RapidIO, Gen 2 PCI Express, and 10G Ethernet XAUI on the fat pipes. The fat pipes can be configured in combinations and be targeted for ports 4-7 or 8-11
- AMC Specifications: AMC.0, AMC.1 Type 4, AMC.2 Type E1/E2/5/6, AMC.4 Type 5/10
- Serial: Single RS-232 to front panel for monitor port
- Power Supply: Via AMC connector per AMC.0 or from barrel connector when in stand alone mode
- Form Factor: Single width, full height AMC.0
- Debug: JTAG/COP via an onboard connector and available on the AMC connector
- Software Support: U-Boot bootloader, Linux, INTEGRITY, and VxWorks BSP available
- Base Station Controllers
- Radio Network Controllers
- Consumer Routers
- IEEE 1588 Connectivity
- Media Gateways
- Military Embedded Systems
The EP4080A is a single width, full-height AMC processor board featuring the high performance Freescale QorIQ P4080 eight core PowerPC processor operating at up to 1.5GHz. The highly integrated multi-core processor makes the EP4080A a natural fit for combined control and data plane applications on a single board, thereby reducing system cost and power consumption. With broad operating support, the EP4080A is built for a broad range of demanding applications in wireless basestations, media gateways, enterprise network access systems, test and measurement systems, and server blades. Suitable for MicroTCA and ATCA applications.
For fabric connectivity the EP4080A offers extreme flexibility, while maintaining standards compliance. All versions of the board support gigabit Ethernet on AMC channels 0 an 1, compliant with AMC.2, Type E2. The fat pipe region of the AMC (channels 4 – 11) can be configured on a build basis to support 10G Ethernet XAUI, Gen 2 PCI express, and SRIO.
At the heart of the EP4080A is a Freescale QorIQ P4080 eight-core PowerPC processor. The P4080 is a highly integrated system-onchip (SoC) platform that includes eight e500 PowerPC cores, an integrated security engine, integrated Gen 2 PCI Express, Serial RapidIO, Gigabit Ethernet, 10G XAUI controllers, integrated DDR3 memory interface, and a pattern matching engine for packet inspection. The highly integrated SoC architecture improves system performance, increases system flexibility, lowers power consumption, and reduces overall system cost.
contact us for more information