Freescale PowerQUICC I MPC88x Processor Board
Processor Family: Freescale PowerPC
Form Factor: Small Form Factor
The EP88xS uses Freescale PowerQUICC I MPC885 and MPC880 processors to create a compact and powerful credit card sized single board computer module.
- Runs as a standalone development board!
- Processor: MPC880 or MPC885 at up to 133MHz
- RAM: Up to 64MB SDRAM
- Flash: Up to 326MB
- Ethernet: 1 x 10/100 to RJ-45 or expansion bus
- Serial Ports: 1 x RS-2323 on header and expansion bus
- Expansion: EBC bus brings out CPU signals for “drop-in” CPU module
- I2C Devices: Up to 8kB of EEPROM for configuration data
- Power Supply: 3.3 VDC single power supply
- Form Factor:Credit Card (3.55in x 2.67in)
- Debug: COP/JTAG
The EP88xS uses Freescale PowerQUICC I MPC885 and MPC880 processors to create a compact and powerful credit card sized single board computer module. The small form factor and expansion bus capability make the EP88xS the ideal board for implementing a cost-efficient yet powerful embedded CPU module. You can take the CPU design out of your critical path and concentrate on your application specific hardware.
The MPC885 and MPC880 processors feature an integrated PowerPC core and Communications Processor Module (CPM) to provide a scalable computing solution for networked devices. The PowerPC core can run at speeds of 133MHz and provide general purpose control and computing functionality, while the dedicated CPM offloads communications functions such as USB, Fast Ethernet, HDLC, and ATM. In addition the MPC885 includes an integrated security engine to accelerate processing of encryption protocols such as AES, DES/3DES, and SHA/MD5/HMAC.
The processor expansion bus on the EP88xS brings all of the processor signals to standard connectors allowing you simple and full access to the power of the processor. Like all Embedded Planet products, the EP88xS can be custom configured to meet your requirements and is volume production ready.